In the UK both mice and rats are serious pests and the need for control is obvious. There are two species of rat, the common or brown rat (Rattus norvegicus) and the black rat (Rattus rattus) which is confined to limited areas of the UK. The house mouse (Mus musculus) is the main mouse species that is encountered as a pest inside properties.
Legislation in the UK places responsibility upon the owner, or occupier, to clear any rodent infestation from their property. If left the possible end result of leaving any rodent activity for a short amount of time could be catastrophic.
Our services include
- An initial survey carried out to identify the species present and the extent of activity.
- Identification of entry points along with other possible conducive conditions.
- Proofing service against rodent entry.
- Treatment schedules along with any recommendations to ensure that your premises are fully protected against rodents.
- Various control measures using the latest techniques such as bait placement or trapping.
- Professional service 24/7, 365 days of the year by fully trained professional pest control technicians throughout London and the South East.
- Emergency reactive call out service.
Why use us?
Vermikil Pest Control Services have experienced technicians that have carried out rodent control, eradication and monitoring in a range of challenging environments. Our technicians are professional and discreet and ensure that your rodent problem is dealt with efficiently and sympathetically.
- Rodents cause diseases and spread infections such as salmonella and Weil’s disease (leptospirosis), hantavirus and gastro-enteritis.
- Rodents cause damage to buildings and property by chewing through wood, plastic and electric cables potentially causing fires.
- Rodents cause damage of foodstuffs and other commodities by chewing and eating along with contamination from their faeces and urine.
- Rodents cause loss of business reputation with a negative effect on your Health & Safety and hygiene reputation and the issue of possible fines resulting in potential closure.
Fully Qualified Professionals
Our technicians working within London and the surrounding areas have experience of working within old, intensive and busy environments, where exclusion and rodent behavioural resistance (bait shyness) may present particular problems. Older buildings in particular are susceptible to experiencing rodent ingress but with the right company protecting you in your living and working environment, we at Vermikil will ensure that any stressful situation is minimal.
Rat & Mouse Control in London
London like any other large city with a large population will naturally attract rodents, which historically have been closely associated with human activity. In fact, it was people that introduced Rats into the UK, which initially were not a native species. Wherever people go, rodents are sure not to be too far behind. The river Thames has always been a magnet for rats in particular, with London suffering from the Great Plague during the 17th Century, which some estimates suggest was responsible for the death of 2.5% of the population of England.
Modern day London is renowned for its nightlife with its many restaurants, cafes and bars and with rats and mice being opportunists, they will inevitably take advantage of finding a warm place to shelter while having a plentiful supply of high calorific food in the form of a business’s produce or people’s litter.
Our Vermikil technicians understand rodent biology and behaviour with exclusion always being our first policy, such as proofing air vents and sealing holes and gaps. However, with many properties being older, terraced, or shared, where exclusion may be problematic; we have a range different bait formulations to hand and the experience of using different techniques such as contact rodenticides and traditional trapping to control any rat and mouse problems you may unfortunately be experiencing.
Bookings & Enquiries
If you are interested in our Rodent Control services in London or surrounding counties, then please feel free to contact us to arrange a no obligation survey.0800 056 8834 firstname.lastname@example.org